Well colour me excited!B My good friend and fellow blogger over at www.straightupmama.wordpress.com nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award the other day.
How freaking awesome is that!?B If you’re new to the concept (cuz I sure was), then to put it succinctly, people are nominated and EVERYONE is a winner. B The nomination is the prize and it’s a big “props, yo!” from a friend/fellow blogger/someone who likes what you do!B It’s a great way to spread the love and check out some other really great blogs.B Pretty cool, eh?
As per the instructions (see below), here are 7 random things about me that you may not know:
1. I am a compulsive list maker.B Lists help me organize my thoughts and commit things to memory.B I need a pen and paper for it to be effective – typed lists don’t seem to have the same effect.B My mother has made fun of me for these lists my whole life 😉
2. I hate feet (this thought was inspired by your post, Mel!).B I really don’t like them.B Please don’t touch me with them or force me to look at yours too closely or for too long.
3. I’m nutty about socks.B In the sense that they MAKE me NUTTY.B They dig in!B I need them because my feet are perpetually cold, but warning, unless you have heard my full rant on ‘wearable vs non-wearable’ socks, please don’t buy me any as a gift.B Thanks in advance!
4. I am a crazy jewellery collector.B I love it all.B Big, small, gawdy, simple, pretty, tacky, tasteful, trashy.B I love baubles.B And if I could do it comfortably, I would leave the house wearing no less than 20 items at all times.B I do a pretty good job some days of sneaking almost that many onto my body as is…
5. A giant bouquet of big, white daisies makes my heart sing.
6. I named my dog Daisy because she gives me the same feeling.
7. I love using words that are either out-of-date (read: NOT cool anymore), and/or out-of-age-range (read: probably only old people say them).B Words like ‘superb’, ‘rad’, or ‘magical’.B I mean them honestly, but it makes me giggle a little knowing most people read them as sarcasm.B Because I love sarcasm, and I love love unintentional/not real, sarcasm-based miscommunications more (it seems).
Here’s a list of the blogs that I think rule:
* New mom and life stuff: www.straightupmama.wordpress.com
* Writing advice and much more: http://karenrowe.com/category/blog/
* Food and garden (plus raunchy stories from time to time): http://bumblinginthekitchen.wordpress.com/
* Random stories and ensuing hilarity: www.thedose.ca
* Business meets geek, with a dash of travel: www.theglobalba.blogspot.com
* Women, feminism, and books: http://ifwomenruled.com/
* Daily fashion fix: www.kendieveryday.com
* Celeb fashion: www.gofugyourself.com
* Photography (with a hit of travel): http://thedailybubbletea.com/
* Travel advice and stories: www.theprofessionalhobo.com
* Street style: http://www.thesartorialist.com/
* Travel in photos: http://bridgetehemann.com/
Here are the rules:
FULL DISCLOSURE: I did not do all of the rules in their entirety…! 🙂 I hope that doesn’t mean I lose the award!?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.