I edited today’s challenge a touch to be about my carry-on bag, instead of just my bag.
In part, because I fancy myself a travel blogger first and foremost. And in part because I’m leaving for Scotland in less than a week and was actually packing my carry-on – so it just made sense!
So here we go! A handy little combining of the worlds (and a list below, in case that kind of thing interests you).
You may notice I pack basically any and everything that I wouldn’t want to lose or be without for two days – that’s key, in my opinion, for stress free travel. After many a luggage run-in, I opt to put as few things I would be chagrined to lose or have to do without for a while, in my checked luggage.
Which is also why I’ve recently started upgrading to a full wheelie carry-on in lieu of a backpack or bag.
Now you know!
In clear (and adorable pineapple) zippered case:
- Wet wipes (for removing makeup, refreshing face and neck)
- Travel Tide stick (for getting coffee out of your white shirt…)
- Hand sani
- Small comb & bobby pins (cuz you never know WHAT those little airplane air ducts are gonna do to your baby hairs)
- Toothpaste & toothbrush & floss
- Sheet mask (first time I’m packing one on a long-haul flight and I’m excited to see how I look/feel after using it!)
- Hand lotion & face lotion
- Advil & Tums
- Mascara & lash curler
- Cute lipstick
- Camphor oil (for cricked necks and sore shoulders and headaches, too!)
- Mini perfume
- Super awesome camera (Fujifilm X-T10 if you’re curious) (not pictured because it’s snapping this photo!)
- Wireless headphones
- All the associated plugs and chargers for the above!
- Wire headphones (for airplane jacks, of course)
- Jewelry (I never put it in checked luggage)
- Travel journal & markers for in-flight planning and doodling!
- Compression socks (I only bring these for flights longer than 5 hours)
- Eye mask
- Water bottle + Emergen C (vitamin C) packet (because long-haul flights = ALL OF THE GERMS)
- A giant, warm scarf to double as a blanket on chilly flights
- A clif bar (or bar of some sort) because a) plane food is crazy priced, b) vegetarian problems, and c) I can’t physically go anywhere farther than my community without “safety food” (now you know!)
- Eye glasses
- House keys (cuz guys, it’s a bad idea to put those in your checked bag…but you knew that, right?)
- A document folder with reservations, vaccinations, anything pertinent
- An empty backpack – for use throughout the trip, but handy to bring in carry-on in case you a) end up without your luggage or b) your luggage is overweight and you have to redistribute some things.
- Neck pillow I intend to purchase or borrow!
- Small purse with passport, money, boarding passes, cards, chapstick, and gum.
- Leather jacket (in case I get super cold and also because it cost too much to be thrown in checked luggage!)
- A change of undies and socks and a clean tee shirt – just in case!